If your body is like mine then you also fall into the abyss no one really talks about – not straight sizes (0-6) and not plus sizes (14-28). It’s something I like to refer to us as “inbetweeners,” and because of our shape and size, leggings are our best friend but also worst enemy. A lot like sweatpants, leggings are one of the only pants that fit our waist, hips and legs. That’s right folks, all three! A true phenomenon (cue a major eye roll). With all other pants, we typically only get the latter two and therefore, always having to wear a belt. And, it’s perpetually exhausting to squeeze our butts into pants that never, ever, have enough space. It takes squatting, stretching, and even pulling exercises to get them on. And this is why we love leggings so much…except there’s only one (read: many) problems.
We love leggings so much because:
- They go past our thighs and over our butt with no problem
- We never have to worry about them splitting
- They fit in our waist, hips and thighs
Leggings are our worst nightmare because:
- They are completely see through (of course only in the butt area)
- Everyone can see what color underwear you’re wearing
- Wait, you didn’t wear a thong? God forbid we wear regular underwear, because we can see the lines, too
- Both men and women automatically judge us for having a bigger than normal size ass
- Walking up the stairs in front of someone is just downright uncomfortable
- You feel exposed…like naked
- So you tie something around your waist or wear a longer shirt to cover it
- If you take the chance and don’t “cover it,” you’ll be bombarded with attention and endless cat calls
- Covering it also hides your camel toe and/or wedgie
Did I miss any? Let me know in the comment section below!!
Photographer: Herby Joseph
Want more goodies? Shop my favorites here!