If you’re curvy, you may have preconceived notions about what wide leg pants will do to your body. Let’s be honest, nothing will ever fit loosely on our lower bodies, even when we do choose a baggy wide leg trouser. And low rise (anything) down right, just doesn’t work. It’s a nearly impossible feat, but if you’ve got curves, don’t hide them!
Along with my sweatpants, this chic, relaxed winter white trouser is one of my most favorite pants in my closet specifically because of the fit. If you’ve got a gorgeous waist and a peachy bottom you can totally rock them. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise! We may never end up being able the rock the loveliest of low rise baggy boyfriend jeans or even overalls for that matter, but we certainly can wear a wide leg pant.
A few simple rules and tips to follow to pull off wide leg pants!
- The pants should be structured if tailored properly. Find a pair that fit your bum perfectly (not pulling) and then have the waist taken in, if need be.
- Revealing your waist or wearing something structured on top ensures you don’t look wide from top to bottom.
- Don’t lose your curves. These pants should simply drape over them.
- A high waist and wide leg will give an illusions of looking taller. And, well, high waist everything will hide the infamous muffin top.
- Wide leg will downplay our hips. Hips are our widest part so wearing this cut makes our lower body look proportional to our hips (but it doesn’t mean your bum will be hidden, it’s impossible).
Photography: Julian Ocampo
Location: Brooklyn Botanical Garden