For my birthday, I shared 33 things you didn’t know about me. Since you all enjoyed the article as much as you did, I decided to share a few more! Tell me something I don’t know about you!
1. I like really good smelling things and base everything off scent. Dish soap, hand soap, clorox wipes, candles, wall scents, hair products, lotions, etc.
2. Favorite scent? Coconut.
3. Affection is a deal breaker for me. I want to be touched. All. The. Time.
4. I love getting massages…but not deep tissue. I’m more of a Swedish massage type. I hold most of my tension in my back…I should get these monthly, for real.
5. When I was in Jamaica, I went to the spa to get a massage and left looking like I had two hickeys on either side of my neck from the pressure. Please refer back to #5 LOL. Ran around Jamaica for the next 4 days embarrassed as hell…
6. One of my most favorite sounds is my record player. I need to step my vinyl collection up!
7. I find the winters to be really, really tough. The lack of Vitamin D leaves me deficient. Since I’ve become a freelancer, I haven’t been able to travel as much…
8. When I’m feeling uninspired or in a rut, I like to travel to rejuvenate and come back refreshed and more energized.
9. I really hate social media. If I never had to use it again, I wouldn’t. However, it’s a gift and a curse-it’s free advertising and I wouldn’t be able to do what I do without it.
10. I don’t take medicine…for anything, ever. If I do take an Advil, you know I’m in serious pain.
11. My favorite flowers are Ranunculus, Peonies, Dahlias & White Roses
12. When the t.v is on, it’s usually Jeopardy or CNN.
13. I love hand writing letters and thank you cards.
14. Biggest fear? Snakes
15. I like big boxy trucks. I went from a 4-Runner to a Land Rover, to a Jeep Grand Cherokee (which I felt was small) and then Jeep Wrangler.
16. My favorite car is the Mercedes G-Wagon
17. I rarely have “bad days.” Happiness is a choice.
18. One of the best pieces of advice I’ve received is “If you have good intentions, good things will happen.” I was researching the best vintage stores in NYC for a piece I was writing for Paste Magazine, and met Suzi (from Alan&Suzi). She told me her story and her struggle and how she got to where she was today. She related my story to hers and then dropped that little gem on me!
19. I love interior design.
20. I wrote for Paste Magazine from October 2014 to June 2017, until they abruptly shut down the design section!
21. Music is always playing in my house, generally 24/7.
22. I’m obsessed with working. I suppose it’s because I love what I do. When I was working for someone else, I wanted to throw myself off the side of a boat with my ball and chain attached to my ankle.
23. Never understood why more business owners/CEOs/bosses don’t treat their employees better than they do. “Train your employees well enough so they can leave, but treat them so well they don’t want to.” Being treated badly by many women bosses forced me to leave the 9-5 world. Taught me how NOT to be.
24. I could never live in an apartment that didn’t have lots of sunlight.
25. I’m the middle child….hmph.
26. I have a thing for fireplaces. I think they’re romantic.
27. I love romance.
28. I’ve received flowers from my church and 30 dozen from Tracy Morgan (true story), but never got them from a man that I liked. Movies are a lieeee! LOL
29. Pet peeve? Hearing people chew their food.
30. Another one? People not covering their mouths when they yawn or cough.